Bristol City 2-1 Nottm Forest- Match Report

Tammy Abraham continues hot streak as Bristol City cement position

Tammy Abraham netted his 11th goal of the season as Bristol City came from behind to cement their place in the Sky Bet Championship play-off zone with a 2-1 home win over Nottingham Forest.

The striker on loan from Chelsea turned the game when intercepting a Henri Lansbury back-pass in the 65th minute and rounding goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic before slotting into an empty net.

Three minutes later Abraham turned provider with the perfect lay-off inside the box for Jamie Paterson to shoot home from 10 yards

It was Paterson's first goal for City, and against his old club.

Forest had taken a 33rd-minute lead when Ben Osborn was allowed to advance unchallenged down the left and clipped a dangerous cross into the box

Lansbury won the header and the ball dropped for Apostolos Vellios, who hooked home a right-footed volley from 10 yards.

City struggled to create first-half chances but showed signs of getting their game together as the interval approached.

Bobby Reid headed straight at Stojkovic from a Callum O'Dowda cross and Abraham just failed to reach a similar ball into the box from Paterson.

Reid had been cautioned for retaliation in the 23rd minute after being hauled down by Danny Fox, who was also shown a yellow card.

There was little to trouble either goalkeeper as defences dominated the opening 45 minutes, but in stoppage time City defender Hordur Magnusson had to dive bravely to deflect an Eric Lichaj shot for a corner.

Forest looked strong at the back and frustrated City with a hard-working midfield unit, who gave their opponents little time on the ball.

Both sides made changes at the break, home boss Lee Johnson sending on an extra striker in Aaron Wilbraham and replacing Marlon Pack with Gary O'Neil in midfield, while Forest introduced Thomas Lam for Damien Perquis at the back.

It was Forest who had the next effort at goal, Vellios firing just over with a sweet strike from 25 yards.

City responded with an Abraham shot blocked and a follow-up effort from Paterson saved after taking a deflection

Then Reid's shot from the edge of the box went wide and O'Neil was cautioned for dissent in claiming a corner.

Magnusson's free-kick from the edge of the box was wide following a foul on Abraham as City stepped up the pressure just prior to Abraham's equaliser.

After their two goals in quick succession, City had several more chances, Reid shooting wide before giving way to substitute Joe Bryan, who fired over soon after going on.

At the other end Forest substitute Nicklas Bendtner shot over after a mistake by O'Dowda and Lansbury was just off-target from distance.

Source : PA

Source: PA